Winter Warmer Bean Soup
This hearty soup is perfect for those chilly winter evenings
- low cal spray oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 fresh thyme springs, roughly chopped
- 850ml vegetable stock
- 500ml skimmed milk/soya milk
- 2 x 400g tins of mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
Spray the low cal spray oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the turnip, carrots and thyme and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
Pour in the stock, followed by the milk. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
Pour the soup into the blender and whiz until smooth.
Return to the saucepan and add the beans. Season with salt and pepper. Bring the soup to the boil so that the beans are warmed through, and serve.