Thai Green Chicken Curry
This warming curry is the perfect fakeaway for you to eat tonight!
- 240g Basmati rice (raw weight)
- Low-cal spray oil
- 4 skinned chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp green Thai curry paste
- 1 stick lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tsp nam pla (fish sauce)
- 100ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 60g mangetout, trimmed
- 60g thin green beans, trimmed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 60g red chilli, chopped
Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet.
Meanwhile, lightly spray a wok or deep frying pan with low-cal spray oil. Place over a medium heat and add the chicken. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the lemongrass, garlic and lime leaves and stir-fry for 1 minute.
Add the nam pla, coconut milk, mangetout and green beans. Simmer gently for 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are just tender but still a bit crisp.
Stir in the lime juice and coriander and serve with the boiled rice.
If you liked this recipe then you should try our Chicken Curry in a Hurry.