Spicy Buffalo Wings with Coleslaw & Fries
At only 1.5 bites per serving these spicy buffalo wings are sure to be a hit with the whole family.
- 1 tbsp no added sugar tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp runny honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 chicken wings, skinned & halved at the joint
- low-cal spray oil
- 200g parsnip, cut into thin chips
- 1 chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 60g white cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- a small handful of parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp lighter than light mayo
Mix the ketchup, sauces, vinegar, honey, and garlic in a bowl. Pour over the chicken and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the coleslaw: mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Preheat the oven to 200°, gas 6. Lightly spray a roasting pan with oil. Add the chicken and spoon any leftover marinade. Bake for 20-30 minutes, turning halfway through until sticky, cooked and golden brown.
Lightly spray the parsnip fries with oil and bake in a roasting pan, alongside the chicken for 20-30 minutes until crisp and golden. Serve with the coleslaw and chicken, sprinkled with chilli and sesame seeds.