Sicilian Tomato Pasta
this recipe serves 6 at 2 Bites per serving
- 450g Ripe tomatoes, medium. diced
- 75g Black olives, pitted and diced
- 180g Feta cheese (optional)
- 10 Sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove, diced
- 1 tsp Capers, drained
- 1 tsp Salt
- 30g Flat leaf parsley, chopped, to garnish
- 360g (uncooked weight) Wholemeal pasta
Add water to large pot and heat over high heat til boiling.
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water.
Boil for 12 minutes, or according to the directions on the package. Drain well and allow to cool.
Place the pasta in a bowl and add the tomatoes, olives, feta and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
For the dressing, combine the sun-blushed tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, capers, salt and pepper in a food processor until almost smooth.
Pour the dressing over the pasta, sprinkle with the parsley, and toss well.