Moroccan Chickpea Soup
- 1, Chopped. Onion
- 2, chopped. Celery Sticks
- 2 tablespoons. Ground Cumin
- 600ml Hot Vegetable Stock
- 1 400g tin. Can Chopped Plum Tomatoes with Garlic
- 100g Frozen Broad Beans
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed. Lemon Juice
- Large handful. Coriander
- 1 tin Chickpeas
Heat a large saucepan with a spritz of low cal spray oil. Add onion and celery and fry for ten minutes, stirring frequently.
When the vegetables soften, add cumin and fry for a further minute.
Add the stock, chickpeas and tomatoes and simmer for 7/8 minutes, then use the lemon juice and throw in the broad beans.
Season to taste with a generous grind of black pepper, top it with chopped herbs and lemon zest.