Vietamese Chicken Noodle Salad
Simple and light, this lunch dish is perfect for the brighter weather.
- 3 small chicken breast fillets
- 120g rice noodles (uncooked weight)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 100g finely shredded Chinese cabbage/white cabbage
- 2 carrots, peeled, coarse;y grated
- 8 scallions, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- Small handful fresh mint leaves
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves
Place chicken in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a plate. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Coarsely shred chicken and place in a large bowl.
Meanwhile, place noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes to soften. Stir with a fork to separate. Drain well.
Place vinegar, lime juice, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce and peanut oil in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined.
Add the noodles, cabbage, carrot, scallions, mint, and coriander to the chicken and gently toss to combine. Divide the salad among serving plates and serve immediately.
If you enjoyed this recipe, try our chickpea & couscous salad.