Vegan Pitta Pockets
You can buy ready-made falafel in delis and most supermarkets. They are made from ground chickpeas, flavoured with herbs and spices, and are a great source of protein and dietary fibre.
- 2 x 60g Wholemeal pitta pockets
- A few crisp lettuce leaves
- 1 Tomato, thinly sliced
- A few cucumber slices
- 1/4 Red onion, thinlysliced
- 4 Ready - made falafel
- 2 tbsp Plain dairy - free soya or coco yoghurt ( less than 60 kcals per 100g)
- 1 tbsp Vegan mayo
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few chives or parsley sprigs, chopped
Slit each pitta bread down one long side and open up to make a ‘pocket’. Fill with the lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onion and falafels and salad. Sprinkle with chopped herbs and serve.
TIP: You could use wholemeal tortilla wraps instead of pitta bread.