Skinny Spice Bag
Do you know the ways some days are just a bit meh, and nothing feels like it will work out again. Those days where you just want brown food for comfort. Something warm and crunchy with a bit of a garlic or spice kick to pick you up and help you feel a bit better?
Well, you just wait until you try our Skinny Spice Bag. We call it skinny but simply, it's just real food, cooked well with a few herbs and spices to excite your taste buds.
More importantly, this spice bag is so good, you won't even be bothered with the local takeaway ones anymore. The recipe below assumes that you are using our Gorge Us Chips and honestly, you'd be mad not to! It also assumes that you do not have the "spice bag" spice blend you can now find in most supermarkets but if you do, use that instead of the Chinese all spice (also known as 5 spice) and chili flakes.
Now, stick on some tunes, make yourself a cuppa, and start prepping. It will take you just a bit more than 30 min and you'll have such a deeply satisfying dinner, it will put a smile on your face and a spring in your step!
- 400g Gorge Us Chips
- 4 chicken fillets
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 onion
- 1 pepper
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tsp chinese all spice
- sea salt
- Cook 400g of Gorge Us Chips as per packet instructions.
- Slice chicken fillets into thick slices, add 4 tbsp of flour to a bowl followed by 1 tsp chinese all spice and 1/2 tsp chili flakes.
- Whisk one egg in another bowl and dip your chicken strips into it, then into the flour mixture. For a thicker breading, repeat this process.
- Place chicken strips in the pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Thinly slice onion and pepper and toss in a bowl with 1 tsp chinese all spice and 1/2 tsp chili flakes.
- In a pan with low cal spray oil saute the onions until soft.
- Once all ingredients (that includes the chips and chicken strips hot from the oven!) are ready toss them all together to distribute spices, lightly dust with chili flakes.
- Serve chips, chicken, onion and mixed peppers in a bowl and enjoy!