Thai Green Beef Curry with Basmati Rice
Enjoy a taste of Asia with this delicious Thai green beef curry with basmati rice.
- low-cal spray oil
- 600g lean beef sirloin, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp green Thai curry paste
- 1 stick lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tsp nam pla (fish sauce)
- 100ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 60mg mangetout, trimmed
- 60g thin green beans, trimmed
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 240g basmati rice (raw weight)
Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet.
Meanwhile, lightly spray a wok or deep-frying pan with low-cal spray oil. Place over a medium heat and add the beef. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until sealed.
Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the lemongrass, garlic and lime leaves and stir-fry for 1 minute.
Add the nam pla, coconut milk, mangetout and green beans. Simmer gently for 10 minutes, until the beef is cooked through and the vegetables are just tender but still a little crisp.
Stir in the lime juice and coriander and serve with boiled rice.