Summer Courgette and Pea Soup
This delicious soup is perfect for lunch. This recipe serves 4 at 1 bite per serving.
- spray oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 medium courgettes, coarsely grated
- 350g frozen peas, thawed
- 1,200ml hot vegetable stock
- a large bunch of mint, leaves chopped and stems discarded
- 4tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- 30g grated Parmesan
- 4 x 60g sliced wholegrain, multigrain or seeded bread, or rolls
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Lightly spray a large saucepan with oil and set over a low to medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8–10 minutes until softened.
Stir in most of the grated courgettes and the peas, setting aside a handful of each for the garnish. Pour in the hot stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cook for about 5 minutes until the peas are cooked and tender. Stir in most of the mint, setting some aside for the garnish, together with the crème fraîche. Heat through gently.
Take the pan off the heat and blend with a stick blender until smooth, or blitz in a food processor. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in the Parmesan.
Ladle the soup into 4 bowls and top with the reserved courgettes, peas and mint. Serve hot with sliced bread or rolls.