Sliced Ham & Spicy Avocado Wraps
These sliced ham and spicy avocado wraps are delicious for a summer lunch.
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and stoned
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small chilli, deseeded and diced
- 1/2 lime (juice)
- 1 x 60g wholemeal wrap or tortilla
- 2 slices of lean ham, all visible fat removed
- a few lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, diced
- 30g grated reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chives or coriander to garnish
Coarsely mash the avocado and garlic in a bowl. Stir in the chilli and lime juice, and season to taste.
Place a frying pan or griddle pan over a medium to high heat and warm the wrap for about 1 minute on each side.
Lay the ham over the tortilla and spread the mashed avocado over the top. Add the lettuce, tomato, and grated cheese and roll up. Garnish with chives.