Roast Chicken and Rice Salad
A fresh and fruity salad perfect for your lunchbox.
- 60g basmati or brown rice (uncooked weight)
- 1 small cooked beetroot, cut into chunks
- 1 juicy orange, peeled and cut into segments
- cold roast chicken, skinned and cut into chunks or strips
- 1 small lemon (juice)
- handful of rocket leaves
- handful mint or coriander, coarsely chopped
- 20g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 10g walnuts, roughly chopped
- balsamic vinegar or glaze for drizzling
Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet. Remove from the heat and set aside, still covered, for 10 minutes before fluffing up the rice with a fork. Set aside to cool.
Transfer to a large bowl and fork through the beetroot, orange segments and chicken. Stir in the lemon juice, rocket and chopped herbs. Sprinkle with the goat’s cheese and walnuts, then drizzle with balsamic vinegar.