Potato and Leek Soup
This recipe serves 4 at 1 Bite per serving
- 2 tsp Low fat spread
- 1 Large leek, sliced and washed
- Handful Fresh thyme sprigs
- 3 Bay leaves
- Small handful Parsley
- 400g Floury potatoes, chopped into small chunks
- 800ml Chicken or vegetable stock
- 90g Creme Fraiche reduced fat
Heat the low fat spread in a medium saucepan until melted, then add the leeks and herbs. Cook for 5 mins until soft.
Stir in the potatoes and season with a little salt and lots of freshly ground pepper.
Pour in the stock and simmer for 10 – 15 mins until the potatoes are softened.
Stir the creme fraiche and cook for another 2 mins.
Remove from heat and add all ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
Ladle into bowls and scatter with parsley.