Pesto Vegetable Soup
Full of goodness! Yummy!
- Spray oil
- 1 Large onion
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 Celery sticks, finely chopped
- 400g Carrots, chopped
- 400g Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 Litre hot vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp tomato puree
- 6 Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1x400g Kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Courgettes, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4tbsp Reduced fat green pesto
Lightly spray a large sauce-pan with oil and set over a low heat. Cook the onion, garlic, celery and carrots, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes until starting to soften.
Add the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Pour in the hot stock and add the tomato puree, tomatoes and canned beans. Simmer gently for 15 minutes and then stir in the courgettes. Cook for another 5 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into shallow soup bowls and swirl in a spoonful of reduced fat green pesto.