Lentil & Butternut Squash Curry
This wholesome nutritious curry is just the treat your insides need!
- 4 tsps olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 100g green lentils
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 500ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin chickpea, drained and rinsed
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 1 spoon low fat natural yogurt/soya yoghurt
Spritz some low cal spray oil into a large pan and sauté the onions until softened. Add in the spices and stir well for 1 minute so they don’t burn.
Next, add in the lentils, sweet potatoes, stock, and chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil before reducing the heat to simmer for 20 minutes. Once the lentils have softened and the sweet potatoes are tender. Add in the chickpeas and simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve with ¼ plate basmati rice, with a sprinkle of fresh coriander and a spoonful of yogurt.