Feta and Beetroot Couscous Salad
This salad can be made in advance and keeps well in the fridge for 2-3 days. It's perfect for packed lunches or an early summer picnic.
- 120g couscous (uncooked weight)
- 150ml boiling water
- grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 3 tsps olive oil
- 4 spring onions (thinly sliced)
- 100g cooked beetroot, diced
- 60g feta cheese, crumbled
- a handful of parsley or mint, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
Put the couscous in a bowl and pour the boiling water over it. Cover and leave for at least 10 minutes until it swells and absorbs the liquid.
Fluff up the couscous with a fork and stir in the orange zest and juice and olive oil. Add the spring onions, beetroot, feta and herbs, folding them in gently.
Check the seasoning – you probably won’t need any salt as the feta is quite salty. Serve immediately or leave to cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge.