Fakeaway Taco Fries
What we love about Taco Fries, is that everybody loves them. These taco fries taste even better eaten with your fingers, sitting around the table with family or friends, chatting the afternoon away.
One thing recipe demands is that you put on a bit of happy music, this kind of food needs a chef that's happy to be in the kitchen, it makes them taste extra good!
- 400g extra lean mince
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 peppers (1 green and 1 red), chopped
- 1 can of kidney beans (optional)
- 1 cup of beef stock
- 400g Gorge Us Rustic Cut Chips
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- low cal spray-oil
- 120g low fat cheese
- Pop 400g of Gorge Us chips in the oven and cook for 20 mins at 225°C
- Heat pan with oil and sautée the onions until they are transparent only then add the garlic and cook for another 2 or 3 min on medium heat.
- Add mince and cook until brown. Stir in tinned tomatoes, purée, peppers, kidney beans, and the beef stock and allow to simmer.
- Add the spices and cook off for 5 minutes.
Taco Sauce (Optional)
- Mix together 3 tbsp lighter than light mayo, 2 tbsp tomato purée, 1/2 tbsp chilli, 1 tbsp crushed garlic .
- Cover the fries with the mince mixture and top with taco sauce or opt for a dollop of low fat yogurt instead and sprinkle each serving with 30g low fat grated cheese.