Creamy Tagliatelle with Spinach & Mushrooms
The ultimate healthy comfort food.
- Low-cal spray oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large leek, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 60g low-fat crème fraîche
- Grated zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- 240g tagliatelle (dried weight)
- 400g baby spinach leaves (left whole or shredded)
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Lightly spray a large frying pan with oil and cook the onion, leek and garlic, stirring occasionally, over a medium heat for about 8–10 minutes until softened.
Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until golden brown. Add the wine or stock and cook for 5 minutes or so until it reduces. Stir in the crème fraîche and lemon zest (if using) and season to taste.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions until it’s just tender (al dente). Don’t overcook it – it should retain a little bite. Drain well.
Return the drained pasta to the hot pan in which it was cooked and stir in the spinach. When it wilts and turns bright green, gently stir in the creamy mushroom mixture.
Divide between 4 serving plates and serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan.
If you enjoyed this recipe, try our Speedy Tuscan Spaghetti.