Chicken Noodle Laksa Bowl
A bowl of spicy Malaysian chicken soup is warming on a cold day. Lean protein, such as chicken, can help to provide a steady source of energy to keep you going until supper.
- spray oil
- 1 bunch of spring onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp of diced fresh root ginger
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp of Thai red curry paste
- 1 litre of hot chicken stock
- 200ml of reduced-fat coconut milk
- 300g of cooked skinned chicken breasts, chopped
- 150g of rice noodles (dry weight)
- 100g of bean sprouts
- Juice of 1 lime
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- Chopped coriander or basil to garnish
Lightly spray a deep frying pan or wok with oil and stir-fry the spring onions, garlic, ginger and chilli over a medium to high heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the curry paste, then add the stock and coconut milk, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes until really hot.
Meanwhile, cook the rice noodles according to the packet instructions and drain well.
Stir the bean sprouts and rice noodles into the laksa and season to taste. Heat through gently for 2-3 minutes and then stir in the lime juice and radishes.
Ladle into 4 shallow bowls and sprinkle with chopped herbs.