This delicious Chicken Stew is perfect for a Winter Warmer and free on plan!
- Low-cal oil spray
- 500g Leeks, finely sliced
- 2 Thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 4 Chicken breasts, skinless
- 500g Baby potatoes, larger ones quartered, smaller ones halved
- 350ml Chicken stock
- 200g Green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 350g Frozen peas
- 4 Carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 Full bag of spinach (230g approx)
Lightly spray the oil in a large casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the leeks, carrots, garlic and thyme, cover and cook gently for 10 mins, stirring occasionally. Season the chicken and tip into the dish with the potatoes.
Turn up the heat, pour in the stock and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat and allow to gently bubble with the lid on for 35 mins. Add the green beans, spinach and peas for the final 10 mins of cooking. Season to taste, then ladle into bowls.