Chicken and Mushroom Bake
Enjoy this delicious dish and the best part...... It is Free on plan!
- Low cal spray
- 1 Large onion, finely chopped
- 3 Thyme sprigs
- 350g Chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 250g Chestnut or white mushrooms, sliced
- 150ml Chicken Stock
- 100g Low fat natural Greek yogurt
- 1tbsp Wholegrain mustard
- 2tsp Cornflour, mixed with 1 tbsp cold water
- 500g Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 25g Low fat spread
Place potatoes in cold water and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until tender. Drain and mash with low-fat spread
Heat low cal spray over a gentle heat in a casserole dish. Add the onion and cook for 5 mins until softening.
Add the thyme and garlic, and stir for 1 min.
Turn up the heat and add the chicken, frying until golden but not fully cooked.
Add the mushrooms, stock, Greek yogurt, mustard and kale, and season well. Add the cornflour mixture and stir until thickened a little.
Remove from the heat and cover with mashed potatoes.
Bake for 30 mins until golden brown