updated 2nd May 2018
WHO CONTROLS MY INFORMATION
At Unislim, we are committed to respecting your right to privacy. We will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter, fill out a form or make a purchase.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store or use personal data that we hold about you, please email email@example.com.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect your information when you order from us, join a class online or by submitting a contact form on our website, as appropriate, you may be asked to provide personal details such as name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number or credit card information as needed.
We collect and store certain information about you, for example when you:
- Use this Site
- register for, or use any in-class services (ie, sign up to attend a class or access our Unislim App)
- Purchase and/or return products to us
- Communicate with us by email, letter or by phone
- Sign up for our newsletters or to receive other marketing communications from us
- Enter any competition, or participate in any promotion organised by us
- Complete any survey that we send you
How we use your information is clarified in the How We Use Information section of this policy.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
The information you share with us can include:
- Personal details such as your name, age/DOB, address, email address, phone number
- Financial and payment information
- Details relating to your transaction history with us
- Photographs and success stories submitted digitally by you for display on the Site
- Recipe ideas and tips submitted by you for display on the Site
INFORMATION WE COLLECT: We may also collect and store certain information as a result of your interaction with our Site. For example:
- technical information: such as your time zone setting, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your computer or mobile device and connection information such as you browser type and version and your operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit and traffic pattern, such as the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), frequency, duration, products viewed, searched for, page interactions, such as length of visits to certain page
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
The information we collect enables us to
- Process orders, deliver products and services, process payments and carry out any other obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Provide you with information about classes you express an interest in/send reminders/updates about said class
- Notify you about changes to our site, classes, services, products
- With your consent, keep you informed, inspired and motivated with weekly newsletters containing healthy eating advice, recipes, tips, competitions, success stories and product information relating to brands we endorse or are working in conjunction with
- Request your voluntary participation in surveys. You are under no obligation to take up an invitation from us to participate in any survey we send you
- If you complete a Contact Form on the website seeking information, you will be given a choice to opt in our out to be added to our mailing list. We will respond to your inquiry but you will only be added to our database if you allow this permission.
- Analyse how you and others use our Site and our classes
- measure the effectiveness of any advertising we serve to deliver relevant advertising to you
- Prevent fraudulent transactions or other illegal acitvities
- Keep relevant business records
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each mailing.
WHO DO WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH
At Unislim, we will never sell or rent your personal information to any third party without your expressed consent unless we are required or permitted to do so by law.
In order to ensure that we offer the best service and can carry out the functions of our site (as per section How We Use Information), it is necessary for us to share information we collect (which may include your personal data) with carefully selected and trusted:
Unislim Leaders, business partners and suppliers for the fulfillment of any contract with enter into with them and you. For example we may share
- your name, address, email and phone number with partner courier companies in case they need to contact you in relation to a delivery
- your identity and payment card information with our payment processors so that payment for an order can be collected
- your identity and payment card information with credit reference agencies so that they can check that you card is not being used without your consent
Technical and other service providers who help us provide and deliver the best Site experience.
Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement of the Site and our services.
To give the best service we work in conjunction with:
Those of our partners who require access to personal information to perform their business services may not use the data for other purposes and are not authorised to share or retain information outside the remit of specific jobs.
Where we share financial details, these will always be entered on a secured page and transferred using SSL, a cryptographic protocol designed to provide communication security over the internet.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. For example, we may disclose the total number of visits to our website.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain & safeguard your personal information when you place an order or access your personal information.
Our secure payment gateway is handled by the provider Stripe.
Unislim takes, and will continue to take, all reasonable steps (which includes relevant technical and organisational measures) to guarantee the safety of the data you provide to us and we will only use the data for the intended purpose.
However, the nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet will be 100% secure.
Our mailing list is only visible to administrators or our Email Marketing software and is not shared with other organisations.
MANAGING THE DATA WE HOLD
You may inform us of any changes in your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, we will update or delete your personal data accordingly. To find out what personal data we hold on you or to have your personal data updated, amended or removed from our database, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Communications, Unislim, 45 Downshire Road, Newry, County Down, BT341EE. Any such data subject requests may be subject to the fee prescribed under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003.
We routinely conduct competitions on our website and through our social media channels.
Social Media Competitions winners will be notified by Facebook/Twitter or Instagram private message or by being tagged in a post on the relevant social media platform. Please actively check your “other messages” or “message requests” in your mailbox to ensure you do not miss out on a prize. Prizes left unclaimed after a 7 day period of being notified will go back into rotation and another winner will be announced.
Alternatively, in some cases in-class competition flyers will be available, working in conjuction with third party brands. In this case, T&C’s for each competition will be listed on said flyer.
This website contains external links to other websites and Unislim cannot be held responsible for the privacy policies of these other websites.
Public Privacy Statement
When you join one of our Unislim classes, we will request certain information from you to help us provide you with the best service. Over the course of your membership, we will update this information, particularly in regards to your weight loss journey with us. This information is held in the strictest of confidence and will never be shared with outside parties.
The information we hold about you is readily available, should you request it or request any changes to be made regarding your profile. Should you decide to leave our Unislim Clubs, we will retain your information for no more than 24 months, at which point, all information pertaining to your membership with Unislim will be permanently deleted.
Office Address: 45 Downshire Road,Newry, County Down, BT341EE
Telephone: ROI: 1850 603020 NI: 0044 28 302 63703