Spaghetti with Creamy Vegetables
This sensational spaghetti dish is a must try. This recipe serves 4 at 1.5 bites per serving.
- 240g spaghetti (uncooked weight)
- 300g asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into lenghts
- 100g fresh or frozen peas
- 120g reduced fat creme fraiche
- grated zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 30g Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Add the asparagus and peas to a pan of boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Drain well.
Drain the pasta, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the warm pan and stir the creme fraiche and lemon zest. Add the asparagus and peas, reserved cooking liquid and lemon juice.
Lightly toss everything together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide between serving plates or shallow bowls and serve, sprinkled with Parmesan.