Walking is one of the most powerful ways to improve your health, boost your mood and lose weight. Walking can also offer numerous health benefits to people of all ages and fitness levels. Getting outdoors in the fresh air is great for both your mental and physical wellbeing and is a fantastic way to get endorphins flowing.
Committing to walk every day will have huge benefits to your health and your weight-loss.
Benefits of walking
- Improve fitness levels
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Increase weight loss
- Increase your brainpower
- Boost your mood
- Enhance confidence
- Improve sleep
- Fire up your libido
- Increase energy levels
Walking is free and you can easily slot it into your daily routine, even a ten-minute stroll will leave you feeling refreshed and revived. Take advantage of lockdown over the next few weeks, choose a walking route near your home or explore some scenic areas in your locality such as a beach or a walking trail.
Tips to get moving
- If you commute to work/college, get off the bus or train a couple of stops early and walk the rest of the way.
- When shopping, choose a parking spot further away from the entrance and get in some extra steps.
- Layout your walking gear the night before and put it on in the morning, if you dress in your walking gear you’ll be more motivated to go.
- Set a challenge with your friends/family.
- Opt for stairs instead of elevators
This November we want you to get moving with us. We’ve teamed up with our friends in FitBit, who’ve given us 2 fab FitBits to give away every week, a tracker Inspire2 and Smartwatch Versa2 for each of the 4 weeks for the month of MOVEmber. Plus, at the end of the month, everyone who finishes the challenge will be put into a draw to win the ultimate prize – a Versa 3 FitBit!
How to enter:
All you have to do each day is to get up and out and enjoy the fresh air, once you’ve completed your walk take a pic and post your steps, either with your FitBit, walking app if you don’t have any of those just post a pic letting us know you’ve completed. Share your pics in our Unislim App or Unislim Community page on Facebook please make sure to tag #MOVEmber #unislim100k #walkwithunislim
To help you get started, Unislim MD Fiona Gratzer shares her top walking tips.